Effective Date: March 22nd, 2018
Information you provide us:
When you create an account. When you create an account on our Services, we may collect your name, mailing address, physical address, phone number, email address, and password.
When you make a purchase or request a quote. If you make a purchase or request a quote for our Services on our Site or in person, we collect information from you to facilitate the transaction. This information may include your name, mailing address, physical address, phone number, email address, and information about your purchase or quote, including information about your home or property.
When you make a purchase, we ask you to provide payment information to our payment processor, which may include payment card information (such as credit card number, type, and expiration date), bank account information, billing address, and shipping address.
When you contact us. If you contact us in person, by phone, email, social media, or by some other means, we may keep a record of your contact information and the communication for later reference.
Information we collect from your use of our Services:
Device Information. We receive information from devices you connect to or use for our Services, including your mobile device, connected devices, and wired and wireless sensors. The information we receive from these devices may include IP address, unique device identifiers such as MAC address, sensor and activity information, battery status, and WiFi network information.
Location Information. We receive location information from devices you connect to or use for our Services, including your mobile device, connected devices, and wired and wireless sensors, such as through the use of geolocation features in the devices, or by inference from other information we collect (for example, your IP address may indicate the general geographic region from which you are connecting to the Internet).
Web logs and usage information. We record certain information and store it in log files when you interact with our Services. This information may include device and browser information, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, and search terms.
Cookies and other technologies. We and our service providers collect information through the use of “cookies” and similar technologies to understand how you use our Services, for authentication, operations, marketing, and advertising purposes, to save your preferences, and for analytics purposes. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use our Services. You should consult your web browser to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may be missing out on certain features of our Services.
Information we collect from third parties:
Third Party Devices. In some cases, devices and products from third parties may connect to our Services, and the third parties may send us information about the use of those devices, including sensor and activity data. The information we receive from these third parties is governed by the third parties’ privacy policies, and; you should review these third parties’ privacy policies to learn about their privacy and data security practices.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to:
- provide, personalize, and improve our Services;
- analyse how you use our Services;
- communicate with you, either directly or through one of our service providers, including to respond to your comments or questions and for marketing and promotional purposes
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: Where disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, legal process, or a governmental request;
- To Protect Rights and Property: If we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, security, or safety of us, our Services, our users, or the public;
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
Choices You Have with Your Information
Account and Purchase Information. You can update your account information through your account settings on the Site or App or by contacting us as set out under “Contact Us” below. You can also update your purchase information by contacting us as set out under “Contact Us” below.
Location Information. You can prevent your mobile device from sharing location information with us through your device’s operating system settings. However, you may not be able to fully use our Services if you disable this sharing. Please note that even if you disable location sharing on your device, we will continue to receive your IP address and use it as described above to, for example, determine your location.
Email Subscriptions. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the unsubscribe link provided in the emails. Please note that you will continue to receive administrative messages from us even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages.
Links to Third Parties Services
We use a variety of administrative, technical, and physical controls to help protect your information. Unfortunately, even though we take measures to protect your information, no security measure can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.